Chi by the Numbers:
- 328,020 stitches in the skirt embroidery alone - that’s 2.6 miles of thread
- 24 hours to embroider and trim skirt and bodice
- 4 hours patterning and cutting out fabric
- 12 hours sewing
- 3 hours applying grommets
- 5 hours designing & printing on 3D printer
- 8 hours sanding & painting accessories
- 2 hours styling wig
- Total costume construction time: 57 hours
To make this dress even more special, Chi was made with leftover silk from my wedding dress.
Pictures courtesy of SkyKing Cosplay & Photography for the photoshoot, and David Troeh for the con floor shot.